Janette has been teaching jazz and improvisation both to individuals and within a group context for the past 20 years.
email Janette here if you interested in taking one on one lessons, all levels and abilities welcome.
It's Easy To Improvise
Requirements: Open to all singers and musicians (music reading not essential).
The workshops will focus on:
• Modes and Scales
• Core repertoire
• Group playing
• Listening Skills
This is a practical course with the emphasis on ensemble playing.
It’s aim is to provide an introduction to jazz theory and it’s practical application
within a friendly and supportive environment.
There are limited places available email Janette here for more info and to sign up.
"Everytime I go to one of Janette Mason's Jazz workshops I come away buzzing:- I'm learning new material, about different jazz styles, listening to so many diverse artists and I've become a lot more confident about improvising, working out intervals & chords, understanding modes, time signatures, how to count bars, how to sit on a rhythm, learning about music generally. It's quite a challenge for me but I do feel I'm progressing and it's enjoyable. I wish I had time to do more!"
The Art of Arranging Workshop
Watch this space for more details or sign up to my newsletter on the home page to get regular updates about gigs, workshops and much more.
• Jazz Piano Tutor Harrow School for Boys 2000-2008
• Peripatetic piano, keyboards and composition at Clapton School for Girls 1998-2000
• Secondary Education - Community Music’s Outreach program 1990-2000
• Jazz Workshops - Lewisham Academy of Music
• Arranging and Improvisation at Lewisham College
• Vocal Workshops- Carol Grimes
• Piano Workshops- Drill Hall